Powered By Blogger

Which title block do you like the most?

Wednesday, 31 March 2010

Article(unfinished)

Earlier we caught Eklipse in studio and gave him a quick interview, here are just a few of the questions we asked him.(the rest of the interview is available to view on the (insert Title here) website)(insert website here)

Alright then, for the people who haven’t heard of you before. Tell us a bit about yourself.
Well to start off I was born in the East end of London, in the borough of Newham, and i’m a 16 year old aspiring emcee, poet.

Ok, so Eklipse how did you find yourself getting involved with music?
Well from a young age my mum introduced me to poetry which I found to help me express my emotions and release some of my creativity and from there I met a few people from the music industry and even performed alongside the likes of ‘Chipmunk’ and ‘Double s’. But around the ages of 13 -14 is when I saw my friends and people I knew start to take a heavy interest in Grime and rap music, this influenced me to also start writing lyrics and with my background supporting me within the writing side of things I think that gave me a foot in the door to the music scene.


Are there any artists that you would like to work or collaborate with?
Well I grew up listening to a lot of reggae and soul music, so I think someone like Luther Van dross or Damien Marley, but as of more recent artists I’d say somebody like Timbaland or swizz beats, as they seem to be encouraging the bigger audiences and getting more reception in the charts compared to other hip hop/rap producers, also their styles are very unique, much like my own, which I think will help create a whole new type of music which I think people would like to hear, me included.

Great answer, now who are your most influential music artists?
Well if I were to name every artist who influences me, we’d be here for hours, but the main 5 that I can think of would be, Ryan Leslie, Dr dre, 9th wonder, Danjahandz and Swizz beats, and if you’re wondering why the it’s a list of producers and not rappers or emcee’s, it’s simply because I love the energy they put into their work, I mean you can practically feel the effort they’ve put into the music they produce, or maybe it’s just me.

For a more personal insight into ‘Eklipse’, where and what are you studying and the moment?
Well I’m enrolled into a photography and music course and I go to
Ilford County high, which is a college also in east London.


Ok, Now if you weren’t an emcee, what do you think you would you be doing with yourself?
Well that’s a very hard question to answer, because music plays such a big role in my life, my entire life is basically structured around my involvement in music alongside my college work, so to be honest I can’t think of a straight answer for that one, it’s simply too difficult.

Fair enough, now leading on, where do you see yourself in 10 years time?

To be quite frank about it, I hope to be well known for my music, possibly even worldwide, even if I don’t make money from it, but also making money from music would create a perfect life for me, I’d be living a dream. But if music doesn’t work out for me, I’d like to see myself working as a personal trainer or fitness instructor.

Now are there any last words you would like to say?
Well to start I’d like to say thanks to everybody who’s showing love and supporting me and my music, along with my love for it, they’re the reason that I’m even involved in music and also everybody that’s helping me to further myself, like my mum and everyone that surrounds me.

Alright, now we have a couple of questions here from fans of yours.

Charlie, Manchester.
Who is the most famous person you’ve ever met?
Well I met Alicia Keys when she came down for her London tour and had lunch with her and her P.A, discussing possible future collaborations.

Eva, Birmingham.
Have you got any upcoming shows or events that you are performing at?
Well I am performing at the Southbank centre on the 25th June, but I will be performing poetry and not music, but nevertheless your support would be much appreciated.


Well that's all folks, I hope you enjoyed reading this interview, go online to watch the footage at www.Dilemmamagazine.co.uk and look out for next weeks interview with dizzee rascal.

No comments:

Post a Comment